I wanted to check-in and give everybody an update…Clackamas county was suddenly and unexpectedly approved for reopening on May 23rd…not June. I am currently waiting on required medical supplies and studio upgrades. My hope is to resume operations by second week of June, hopefully sooner. Monday, I will begin the rescheduling process for my existing clients and will be contacting everyone individually. It may take me a couple weeks to get everyone contacted and rescheduled. I appreciate your patience. Please kindly wait for my email/phonecall, so my inbox doesn’t get overloaded. I WILL get to you as soon as I can. Due to the backlog, I am not accepting any new clients at this time. Please check back in occasionally, and as soon as I get caught up, I will reopen the books. You are welcome to send me a consult request and be put in line for a consultation appointment…but please know it could be the middle to end of next year (2021) before I could get you in.
I have been busy preparing the studio for compliance with the new COVID-19 safety requirements mandated by the State of Oregon Health Authority and Health Licensing Office. I have always gone above and beyond what was required pre-COVID19, so much of the new mandates have already been in place. Safety is first and foremost. The studio is COVID-19 compliant with all current State and Federal requirements. The studio is equipped with HVAC filtration and H13 medical grade HEPA filtration.
Office carpets have been shampooed and sanitized. Everything in the studio has been cleaned and sanitized. I have installed HVAC air filtration covers, have acquired an H13 HEPA medical grade air filtration unit in the procedure area, and UV wand and box sanitation. I am newly certified in CDC COVID-19 transmission prevention, in addition to my existing licensing and certification requirements. (Cross-contamination prevention and aseptic technique, blood-borne pathogens, airborne pathogens, FIRST AID/CPR, and diseases of the skin) All these required upgrades come a huge expense, but are required to keep us all safe and healthy. PPE and disinfectant costs have dramatically increased and are not covered by the state or by insurance.
Due to the new REQUIRED COVID19 OREGON STATE REGULATIONS FOR PERSONAL SERVICES, things will be changing in the way we will be working together.
- No guests. I am required to work one-on-one, by appointment-only. If you bring a guest, they will be asked to wait in the car. You will need to make decisions about your tattoo, on your own. The policy of no copies or photographs of artwork or sketches are allowed to leave the studio are still in effect.
- You will need to wear a mask/face covering in the studio. Please bring your own. If you do not have one, masks will be available for purchase for consultations and mock-up/sketch appointments. On the day of your tattoo, I will be providing a clean one for you at the start for your tattoo procedure. Masks must be worn for the duration of the procedure.
- Your temperature will be screened and recorded using a touchless infrared thermometer prior to entry. If you have a fever of 100.7 we will need to reschedule. If you display any symptoms such as cough (regardless of cause), fever, shortness of breath, or any other malaise, you will be asked to leave and reschedule.
- You will need to wash your hands prior to entry, then use hand sanitizer as soon as you come in the door. You may be asked to hand-sanitize multiple times, especially if you touch the front of your mask with your bare hands.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes at the door. Foot coverings will be provided. Please wear clean socks.
- No open outside food or drink unless medically necessary. Please eat before you come for your appointment.
- You will be provided with a single-use sanitized pen to fill out any forms. It will be yours to keep. Please take it home with you. Clipboards are sanitized between each client.
- You will be read a short explanation of how COVID19 is spread and transmission prevention.
I apologize for any inconvenience this new requirements may cause. This is for the safety of everyone, and what I am required to do by law to be in compliance as mandated by my license requirements.
It’s a new world. Thanks for your cooperation, patience, and support. Stay safe and healthy.